Sunday 8 January 2023

2022 Book List Commentary

2022 was an odd year. It began with getting covid, when I was too sick even to read. In spring, I endured 2 months of severe back pain. I read a lot of books while standing...it hurt too badly to sit. Ugh. I got the flu later in the year, and I read a ton. There were good times, too, and I read books while doing a bit of travel. In the end, I managed 75 books, which isn't a bad thing at all!

In 2022, I read 2 nonfiction books and a children's biography. Toward the end of my bout with covid, I binge-read 9 Nancy Drew mysteries. Otherwise, I read no other children's books. I read 10 Agatha Christie murder mysteries as well as 1 other mystery. Everything else I read was Christian fiction, or at least clean reads written by authors who are Christians. So the following stats will be from those.

Not counting Agatha Christie or Carolyn Keene (Nancy Drew pen name)...

Most read author: Karen Witemeyer (book of novellas, single novella, novel), Michelle Griep (book of novellas, 2 novels), and Regina Jennings (single novella, 2 novels)

Favorite Books Read in 2022

▶A Midnight Dance by Joanna Davidson Politano

▶Proposing Mischief by Regina Jennings 

▶The Souls of Lost Lake by Jaime Jo Wright

Other Favorites

✴The Mobster's Daughter by Rachel Scott McDaniel

✴To Treasure an Heiress by Roseanna M. White

✴Twilight at Moorington Cross by Abigail Wilson

✴Where the Last Rose Blooms by Ashley Clark

✴The Letter from Briarton Park by Sarah E. Ladd

✴In Search of a Prince by Toni Shiloh

✴Written on the Wind by Elizabeth Camden

✴Midnight's Budding Morrow by Carolyn Miller

✴The Premonition at Withers Farm by Jaime Jo Wright

Favorite authors who are on my automatic buy list: Karen Witemeyer, Elizabeth Camden, Jen Turano, Jaime Jo Wright, Rachel Scott McDaniel, Rachel Fordham, Julie Klassen, Sarah E. Ladd, Michelle Griep, Erica Vetsch, Abigail Wilson, Amanda Dykes

More favorite authors: Melanie Dickerson, Ashley Clark, Joanna Davidson Politano, Roseanna M. White, Regina Jennings, Carolyn Miller

Favorite contemporary romance author: Toni Shiloh (I don't normally care for this genre, but Toni Shiloh is one of a few who have written books I love in this genre.)

Favorite new-to-me authors: Kara Swanson and Sara Ella, who both write YA fantasy

I was involved in 2 book challenges this year and enjoyed both. I've done these previous years and will be joining in 2023 as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment