Sunday 9 January 2011

Week 1 in Photos

I’ve always loved photography, but I’m not necessarily great at it.  I have a digital camera, but it’s not really high quality.  I’ve never had a course of any type in photography, so I probably do a lot of things wrong.  I read on another blog (Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers) about the 365 Project.  The project simply involves taking a daily photo for a year.  I wasn’t sure whether or not to join the official 365 Project.  I don’t think I will because I’m afraid doing so will make my photos more prone to theft (not that mine are even worth stealing) since more people use that website (and no one yet follows this blog).  Also, some of the photos I saw on there are so awesome and so obviously taken with a better camera, that I just don’t feel like participating alongside them.  I think I’ll just do like Kris from Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers and only post my photos on my blog.  It’s mostly for my own enjoyment anyway.  However, instead of doing a daily post, I plan to take a photo each day but post them once a week.  The first several may not be that great.  I’m best at taking photos of my kids or scenery.  I don’t do as well with indoor photography…or at least my camera doesn’t seem to do indoor photos that well…not sure which.  Because it’s cold outside (and I don’t like cold), my photos are going to be indoor ones for awhile.  Hopefully I’ll learn something from it!  So, having said that, here is my first week of photos.  Feel free to comment…I can handle constructive criticism.  : )  And here’s hoping that someday I’ll have a nicer camera and a good program to edit them on!

January 1 “Winter Window”

036

January 2 “On the Mend”

055

January 3 “Hot Wheel Math” 

033

January 4 “Warmth”

048

January 5 “Untitled” (any ideas?)

009

January 6  “Geometric Thoughts”

016

January 7  “Red and White”

002

That’s it for this week!  

1 comment:

  1. I like the contrast in the photo of the snowflakes and great perspective on the radiator! I like the 365 project, even if I'm not officially participating. It's fun and I love that it reminds me to take photos every day. I've already had a light-bulb moment about the relationship between ISO and aperture, so I've got a better understanding of that aspect of photography than I did when I started.

    ReplyDelete